Saturday, December 30, 2006

Neil Johnson photographed artists working At-the-Loft



My favorite memories (of many) are spending time with Lucille Reed in her studio and ogling the huge assortment of found objects that permeate her work.

Her work touches my soul and to be with her and her wonderful spirit in that space where she created her work was ALWAYS somehow comforting. At one point I turned the room over the front door into a studio and I photographed her with her tall, tall pieces that were both elegant and fun at the same time.

Lucille now lives in Houston and I am calling around to check on her condition. Stay tuned. Also, I am scanning one of my portraits of her from that shoot in the Loft.

Another wonderful memory was of the Loft "break room", whose walls were covered with art exhibit invitations from all over. SO. MUCH. GREAT. ART.

Neil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home