Saturday, December 30, 2006

Nevelyn Brown: Abstract Landscape, a sign of the times from At-the-Loft


Nevelyn Brown: abstract_land
Originally uploaded by trudeau.
Nevelyn Brown was an artist of At-the-Loft from 1974 to 2006. "Jerry Wray, Jean Sartor, Lucille Reed, Clyde Connell and others were already there. I got the last studio. Lucille had been there a long time by herself."

In her note on illustrations sent to me: "Of the body print photos, they are the same, except one is hanging in my studio AT-THE-LOFT and the other has been adjusted. The other pieces, including Abstract Landscape, were painted there. The mountains (not shown yet) won a cash award and the watercolor landscape also won a best of show.

I wrote Janet Parker (in North Carolina) about the picture of the invitation room and she said it was in slide form. She will copy it for me and send it.

Nevelyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home